Thursday 13 June 2013

June Challenge by Amanda

Hi everyone, Amanda here with my take on this month's challenge - Here Come the Boys.  Our sponsor for June is Delicious Doodles, and I've chosen their exquisitely detailed Vintage Spitfire image, as vintage planes are a bit of an obsession for me.  It's a great image if you're not that keen on colouring in, as all the shading's done for you.  I've added just a hint of colour to mine using my beloved watercolour pencils.

My project is a circular easel card inspired by the WWII RAF roundel.  I say 'inspired by' because I've taken liberties with the sizes of the circles - err, I did mention my aircraft obsession, didn't I? :-)  The base of my easel card is covered with a map of the area around Eastleigh, which is where the first Spitfires were built.  Hmm, perhaps I should have kept that bit of geeky obsessiveness to myself...

I hope you like it.  More details are on my blog, including close-ups of how the Spitfire is attached (it bounces around really nicely!).  Happy crafting!



1 comment:

  1. Hallo Amanda,
    Deine Karte finde ich ganz toll. Ein Flugzeug mit Landkarte ist eine Super Idee.

    Viele Grüße, Carmen

    ReplyDelete