Monday 16 December 2013

December Sketch Challenge by Claire



Hello Everyone

Thanks for stopping by today.  Claire here to share a little mid-month inspiration for our current December sketch challenge:


I chose to use sketch #1 for my card.  I started by taking a piece of cream linen cardstock and using a very large background stamp by Papermania - I used Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo on the background stamp.  I used the holly bough stamp also from Papermania over the background for additional interest.  I cut a rectangle of the same card and stamped the sentiment with Vintage Photo, I added a couple of different snowflake stamps - some were first generation Tea Dye and a few were second generation stamping.  Next I pierced all around the edge of the background piece and added faux stitching with a gold pen.  I distressed the edges of both elements using the edge of a pair of scissors then used Vintage Photo to frame.  I took a large paintbrush and very gently dusted Treasure Gold gilding wax all over both pieces of cards - this gives the card  lovely golden shimmer (which was really difficult to catch in the photos!)
I mounted my two panels onto a piece of dark brown linen cardstock, then added this to a cream 7x7 card blank.  Finally I added three golden pearly gems as a finishing touch.

There is still plenty of time to join in the challenge - it's open until the 31st December and you can chose to work with any of the four sketches below:
To play along with the challenge click *HERE* to link up your project - you could win a lovely goody bag of crafting goodies courtesy of the lovely Nikki!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Claire x

 



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous love how CAS this is and love the distressed vintage feel xx

    ReplyDelete