Tuesday 24 December 2013

Introducing Sammy

Hi all,

First of all, a very merry Christmas/happy holidays/Hanukkah/whatever it is you do or don't celebrate! By the time this post reaches you, I am likely snowed in at my parent's in Aberdeenshire, waiting for the jolly fella to come claim the cookies and sherry we've left out for him. (and he'd better do so soon, or I'm claiming it. Just sayin'...)

My name is Sammy, and I'm super excited to be joining this team of super talented people!
I live in Leeds in the UK (only 5 miles from the LOTV shop! Lucky me! - Not so lucky for my bank balance, lol) with hubby and two kidlets (11 and 14). I've been card making a little over a year, and have been stamping since August, and it has pretty much taken over my life!

As you'll have noticed by now, this month we're working with sketches provided by the lovely Nikki, and I chose to go with sketch number 1. The theme is Merry and Bright.


As you can see, my living next door to the LOTV shop tends to dictate what appears on my card, in this case, it's the ever-adorable James the bear.
Both the base card and the red are foil embossed, the ribbon is sparkly, and James' hat and the ribbons on the packages are covered with Stickles...
I'm hoping that's enough magic dust to draw Santa to us this evening!
That's the bright part covered... The "merry" will be taken care of by helping Santa with his sherry ;-)

For more about me and my card, you can visit my blog here.

I'm looking forward to seeing your creations too!

Have an excellent day,

Sammy-x

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sammy, I am so jealous that you live such a short way from LOTV! I don't have a shop anywhere near where I live and even most of the scrapbook stores have closed :-(. Your image is beautifully colored. Hard to believe you have been cardmaking such a short time! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Sammy, a great take on the sketch & a super debut project! Welcome to the team!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete